Re: Question about RIS - Can't install the Network card after installation..

From: Gui (headhunter65_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/19/04

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:42:20 -0500

Hey Miklos,

not sure what you're asking here.....

you wrote
"However after finish the installation - Windows2000ProSP4 didn't install
anything (of the DRV\NIC Folder), why ? Not even the network drivers ?
weird"

If you got past the installation then it's working.

"Miklos" <miklos@yeahsureSTOPSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hello to all here...
>
> I post this question on the Windows 2000 forum Installation (a lot time
ago)
> and no answers, I hope you can help me....
>
> The main problem here is that I make a RIS Server for my enterprise with 2
> choices: Windows XP and Windows 2000 Professional..... When the users
select
> the Windows XP they have no problems (yes all the drives are there), but
> with Windows 2000 no way.. we can't even install...
>
> Well, searching in microsoft I found the KB315279: How to add a
third-party
> OEM Netword Adapter to an RIS Installation...
>
> I made everything that is there... well I will present the steps here:
>
> 1. Run RISETUP and copy and Win2kPro cd as master image in folder Win2kPro
> (Slipstream with Sp4).
> 3. Created a \DRV\NIC folder on the computer and gathered all drivers:
> Pro100, Pro1000 there (mostly the *.cab, *.inf, *.sys).
> 3. created \$oem$\$1 under the s RIS Server and copied \drv\nic to it.
> 4. copied .inf's and .sys's to RIS SERVER - Win2kPro folder \i386.
> Note: (following instructions from intel:
> http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-000023-prd38.htm)
> 5. Also change the registry *.sif file in the \i386\templates folder....
> with the parameters:
> [Unnatended]
> DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
> OemPreInstall = yes
> OemPnpDriversPath = drv\nic
> 6. Rebooted RIS server (easier then stopping and starting binlsvc).
> 7. PXE booted all clients: all can see the win2k image and start the
> installation of the windows 2000 Pro Sp4.
>
> However after finish the installation - Windows2000ProSP4 didn't install
> anything (of the DRV\NIC Folder), why ? Not even the network drivers ?
weird
> ?!!!!!
>
> As you can see all the network cards are mostly Intel PRO 100....
>
> And remember that if I install the computers with Windows XP (with the RIS
> Server of course) all works perfectly....
>
> Please help..
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Miklos

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SMS RIS and OSD
    ... Installing RIS on Windows Server 2003 ... and path to where you want the RIS installation folder created in the Path ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 source files, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.tools)
  • RE: Windows 2000 and Windows XP Image Deployment
    ... > we are moving torward Windows XP Professional as a newer OS image. ... I also include Microsoft Office 2000 Premium on ... > the orginal installation file location to continue the setup. ... Automating the network driver installs. ...
  • Re: Suse Linux: Free, convoluted, confused and bug riddled.
    ... > it to make a sucessfull load. ... > the windows disk is inserted). ... > Network Router (even though it claims not to see the network card which it ... when a Linux installation fails we get lambasted by ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • RE: format a hard drive with windows 2000 pro
    ... This article describes how to install Windows 2000 Professional. ... Start the installation by using one of the following methods: ... Setup inspects your computer's hardware configuration and then ... Setup installs the networking software and detects your network ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup)
  • Re: Is onboard NIC kaput? (ipconfig output: Unable to query host name.)
    ... network properties, reboot, then reinstall. ... Have you tried updating your MB drivers? ... followed the installation instructions carefully and when all was said ... uninstalled the NIC in the Device Manager, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)