Re: Drive setup

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 02/12/04

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:35:06 -0800

By default i know windows 2003 makes basic disks on
install (you cant make a dynamic on install). But you can
convert the basic disk holding the boot/system to a
volume (dynamic) after the install. Dynamic disks just
cant be read by anything other then xp/2000/2003

the
>question I remembered that you couldn't or shouldn't
>install Windows on a dynamic disk which is what you
would
>have to have in order to create a RAID volume. You
>were/are right in that Windows sees the hardware array
as
>one large drive, less the space of one disk which I
guess
>is for parity.
>
>That brings me to another question. Is it that you
>shouldn't or can't at all install Windows on a dynamic
>disk? Meaning, the OS has to be installed on a basic
>disk right?
>
>Thanks!

the
>>> OS.

>>> message
tell
>me
>>> if
Windows
>installed
>converted
>>> all
>boot

need
>>> these
part
>of
>the
it
>>> be

>myself

drive
>>> volume.
>coworker
>Would
>>> or
>him
>loose
>>> happened
this
>>> time.

>>.

  • Re: Computer Infected:
    ... Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition ... Dell Application – Backup Dell installed programs, ... SeagateDisk Utility ... You do NOT want to do a Repair or Recovery install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: xp on intel Mac from usb stick?
    ... Would it be possible to run windows xp native from a usb stick? ... A custom slipstreamed CD is required to install XP on a Mac. ... partition managers but if you're feeling adventurous you may ... This procedure WILL WIPE YOUR iMAC DISK CLEAN. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: sfc /scannow
    ... a clean install from that slipstreamed cd ... work with a PE disk instead. ... push windows o.s. ... winxp home version. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with disk upgrade of Windows XP Pro
    ... Failure to install the required service packs and install the ... > disk beyond 137 Gigabytes. ... For more information regarding Windows ... There is no risk of data loss in the situation as described by the OP. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Reverting from Vista to XP
    ... I successfully created the slipstream disk and WinXP installed on the first ... CTRL-ALT-DEL then end process, the whole windows task ... Once you create this CD use it to do a fresh/clean install ... You will also need SP1 or SP2 for Windows XP to support drives larger than ...