Re: Log off users by the server

From: Imad (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/12/04

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 04:29:46 -0800

Dear Marko,

I agree with you completely... but you don't know why I
asked in this way.

It is my favorite way to press f1 and I'm always use this
way, but I was in a special environment which there were
not windows server but windows xp and I have been asked a
question which I know that the answer is NO but I wanted to
  be sure about my answer with very short time...

I do know well about the log OFF & ON houres but I didn't
mean that. The question I have asked by someone if there is
any possibility to FORCE a user while he or she uses his or
her domain user account(like when they are currently
working on some application) to be logged off.
I don't want to use the logg off and on hours, I am fully
aware about it.

Hope you get my specific question.

Best Regards,
Imad

the one
>specifically relating to logging off users when their
hours expire.

>If this guy worked for me, I would do the same thing. I would
>never just give him the answer to such a basic, mundane task.
>
>"Catch a fish for a man and he will eat for one day.
>Teach him to fish, and he will learn to feed himself"
>
>So why spoon feed people who would obviously benefit from
>learning how to solve their own problems?

  • Re: Log off users by the server
    ... he would have noticed the Logon Hours and the Logon ... Somebody who has started Windows Server ... he would be likely to discover policies and the one ... "Catch a fish for a man and he will eat for one day. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Log off users by the server
    ... > If he has ever ventured into account management,> he would have noticed the Logon Hours and the Logon> To options for defining hours and workstation access> for a user. ... Somebody who has started Windows Server> administration in the last day or so may be the exception> to this. ... Some of> these on "account management" > are quite relevant to the same problem. ... he would be likely to discover policies and the one> specifically relating to logging off users when their hours expire. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Logon to WS2003 and run a MSDOS app, without loading windows O
    ... We can run the DOS app, ... to a windows server 2003 and logon as a client accesing the shared folder. ...
    ... A suggested search phrase would be "force user logoff" and work from there. ... "Imad" wrote in message ... >>he would have noticed the Logon Hours and the Logon ... Somebody who has started Windows Server ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Windows server 2008 R2 freezes
    ... But this can also be used during logon, see "Logon Type 8 - NetworkCleartext" in: ... Actually at 11.00 pm the backup was started. ... I'm new to windows server and I'm using it in my PC for learning ... Network Information: ...