Re: RIS Partition

From: Scott McKillop (scott_mckillop_NOSPAM_MAN_at_adlt.com_REMOVE_CAPS)
Date: 02/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:02:08 -0400

Thanks... I did get this working. My problem was that I didn't have any
free space on my disk that wasn't partitioned. When I originally setup the
server I only created a single partition (C:\) From my understanding, you
cannot configured RIS to install images off of the System partition. For
this reason, I was trying to do a non-destructive partition on the single
partition to create 2 separate partitions (if that makes any sense at all).

I took the easy way out and installed a second hard drive and configured it
to hold my RIS images.

"mak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RIS autopartition - no doesnt work
    ... kicking off setup from DOS and were partitioning with a script. ... or create one big partition. ... Windows Server 2003 service ... >I have been creating RIS images on a new blade center we have and I want ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
  • RIS Partition
    ... I am currently working on RIS and know that the RIS Images have ... to be placed on a partition other than the system partition. ... Windows Server 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • RIS Partition
    ... the RIS Images have ... >to be placed on a partition other than the system ... if not the third party partion tools ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Linux community software-update-anarchy polemic
    ... Remember, I'm just a monkey. ... That implies that if you have one disk per partition, ... Trust the kernel or don't trust the kernel, but either way, both ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • SUMMARY: Moving /usr From Under Root "/" To Its Own Partition
    ... One of the reasons for doing this is to end up with a smaller root ... Install the boot block and boot off the new drive. ... " In order for the root partition to be fscked and remounted ... D> temporarily on the existing disk. ...
    (SunManagers)