Re: PC gone berserk

From: Herb Martin (news_at_LearnQuick.com)
Date: 02/04/04

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:17:05 -0600

Reinstall is a world of difference from reformatting the hard drive
which is definitely the recommendations of tyros or a crual joke.

Never have I had to re-install even a Win9x machine though; they are have
always been recoverable.

Telling someone to "reformat the drive" is almost certainly STUPID or EVIL.

--
Herb Martin
"Patrick Jones" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Herb apparently has not dealt with Windows 98 (which he plainly admitted).
Unless you would like to go line by line through the Windows Registry, a
reinstall is the only logical fix.  If the user reinstalls over top of his
current installation, he should not loose any data files.  He will need to
reinstall his programs, but the data will be saved.

> Unfortunately, this is common for Windows 98.  It also is not the
"immoral" solution you make it out to be.  He will be fine.