RE: Why do we bother?

That is terrible. First time I have heard of real cheating. The knowledge
difference between memorizing these questions and understanding them is
radical. In the office I think the difference between someone who cheated and
someone who didn’t can be apparent in a matter of minutes. But for people
just breaking into the business this can really suck.

But it does explain why someone I know who is certified doesnt seem to know
the material

  • Re: Please stop the personal attacks
    ... what someone says to them the first time. ... Repeating it over and over to them ... will not give them further understanding, and will only make you into a fool ... Steve is usually close behind him with a few ill-chosen ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Bad Music
    ... > Understanding is a necessary condition for enjoyment. ... You could read or hear a Chinese poem any number of times, ... > Normally we greet any new piece with partial comprehension. ... > substantial piece of Beethoven he or she heard the first time out. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: about dispatch tables
    ... Order Perl book online for free, ... By far, my first time through, I ... Having a good understanding of references will certainly help, ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Testing of proofs on exams
    ... rote memorization without understanding. ... student has to begin there. ... do this for base 10 without memorizing the tables. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: A day with a Chinese engineer
    ... He seeing it for the first time and me seeing ... them for years but never really understanding the finer points. ... I saw patents going back to 1928 or so on that technology. ... my employer expects me to treat him like any other employee. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)