Re: Kalani's books ... PDF?

From: UAError (null_at_null.null)
Date: 01/21/05

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:00:09 -0500

Brian <brian@sdsu.edu> wrote:

>I noticed Safari carries a lot of Kalani's books. PDFs of each chapter
>are available for download for monthly tokens. But downloading the book
>from Safari isn't cost productive ... it would take a few months to
>get one book, so the total cost would be ~ $60.00.
>
>Which begs the question, does the paperback CD have an electronic copy?
>Is there an e-book anywhere?
>
>[Not looking for an illegal copy]

Each book comes with a CD that contains sample tests (which
by all accounts are useless; I didn't try them) and the book
in PDF format as Electronic_Book.pdf.

I recall that some of Que PDF's can't be printed - don't
recall if that is true for the Kalani's - so printing a
chapter at a time for portability (they total 1000-1200
pages each) and notes may not be an option.

'The real crux of the "software crisis" is that software IS hard.'
Robert C. Martin,
'Designing Object-Oriented C++ Applications Using the Booch Method', p. ix

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT:Request for a favor 2
    ... No problems with download or hesitation and the image ... Netscape became Firefox long ago, ... There is no Javascript-controllable MP3 player in the web standards, ... code from which Safari is built, ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Software Update ML Surprise
    ... Since the introduction of Mountain Lion, ... Safari 6 came with Mountain Lion so no manual download was ... restructured, because at the same time as releasing Safari 6, Apple ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Ennesima stupidata di Lion
    ... appare un altra finestra che mi dice "L'applicazione Safari ha cancellato ... continua il download ed arriva fino alla fine. ... arrivare a safari non vengano più riaperte al riavvio. ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)
  • Re: Referrer.org Penalty
    ... It happened only when I ran Safari, ... >browser problem, rather than a problem with my site. ... >longer attempting to download 'customizegoogle'. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Referrer.org Penalty
    ... Safari, it described the item which had failed to load with the ... browser problem, rather than a problem with my site. ... longer attempting to download 'customizegoogle'. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)