Re: CInt in VB.net

From: Marc M (nospam_at_mail.com)
Date: 01/18/05

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:31:15 -0600

CInt will convert to Interger
CDouble will help you.
C???? are leftover of old VB 6, try to get away from it

In .Net it is better to use CType like

if CType(input, double) ....

Good luck
Marc M
MCSD (6.0 & .NET)

> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the use of CInt and/or Char
> member functions.
>
> Let's say I have an input string,
>
> Dim input As String = "7.5"
>
> and I need to check if this string(number) is either 7 or
> 8 (or so on....), I use the CInt function and compare the
> value using If-statement.
>
> "7.5" is supposed to return false to me but CInt now
> turns it into 8 (so it returns true now)
>
> Any ideas to fix that?
>
> thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: calculated values
    ... I thought I had set in my messages, that if there would be decimals to use CDouble, I used Cint to show how simple it was. ... M S Herfried K. Wagner ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: CInt in VB.net
    ... CInt will convert to Integer ... Use CDouble. ... are old VB 6.0 syntax ... In .Net use CType to convert like ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)