Re: new to IT MCAD or MCSD.Net

From: comp sci kid (a_at_b.com)
Date: 01/06/05

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:47:40 -0500

not to discourage you, but the certifications you want to persue are all
over the map. i strongly suggest that you think long and hard about exactly
what kind of programming you wish to do professionally before taking any
exams. for example, web programming or fat client programming, java or
.net, oracle or sql server.

there aren't enough days in a life-time to learn it all well.

good luck!

"Java Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am 33 years old, currently not employed or knowledgable
> in the IT Business World. I am very interested in
> programming and development. I have an opportunity to go
> to a place called TechSkills.com for free. I will be
> getting certifications in the following A+, then Network+,
> SCJP (Core Java 2), and then I have a choice of MCAD or
> MCSD.NET. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what I
> should do ? Will I find work with these certifications
> alone and no degree ? I'd appreciate some educated
> professional opinons. I understand that I will probably
> sit behind a help desk for a while, but I am willing to
> wait my turn to advance. I am eager to develop software,
> not answer phones. Do people in this industry promote from
> within ?

Relevant Pages

  • Training and Career
    ... only certifications in mainframe Computer ... Operations and Computer Programming. ... Currently working with Voc-Rehab and starting CBT courses ... And after getting all of these certifications, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Training and Career
    ... > years experience in operations, 12 years in programming, ... > good technically but never had aspirations for management ... > Currently working with Voc-Rehab and starting CBT courses ... > And after getting all of these certifications, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • new to IT MCAD or MCSD.Net
    ... in the IT Business World. ... programming and development. ... getting certifications in the following A+, then Network+, ... professional opinons. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • Re: MCSD certification - is it still necessary to land a job?
    ... I didn't mean to imply I wouldn't give someone an interview without ... someone that can hold a decent programming conversation about the ... lot less than other certifications. ... It seemed about as bad as the old VB6 exam ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: MCSD certification - is it still necessary to land a job?
    ... I didn't mean to imply I wouldn't give someone an interview without ... someone that can hold a decent programming conversation about the ... lot less than other certifications. ... It seemed about as bad as the old VB6 exam ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)