Re: vb.net and MCP

From: Sean (Sean_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/01/05

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:11:02 -0800

very good advice becuase I started with just a cert book, tried to do the
questions and thought I was going to explode. Only after getting many more
books is the whole thing starting to make sense.

I know they said they made the .net exams harder then in the past but I
gotta say this stuff is like studying for the Bar exam or medical school.
Greenies like me should either plan for an infinite time table or just punt
on even trying. I would quit myself had I not already invested a huge amount
of time.

I made a 511 on my first test, I am studying all 3 exams at the same time
and feel I could make a 511 on each of them...but getting to 700 I feel from
taking these practice exams which pull questions from mars that I got a long
way to go.

What book talks about doing ' TODO: comment in code so comments will show up
in the task list? a question on one of my practice exams

"Cindy Winegarden" wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> "Certification" books are generally written as "review" guides for those who
> already have knowledge and on-the-job experience in the skills being
> measured by the exams. If you're starting from scratch to learn a language
> and the .NET framework then you'd probably want a different type of book.
>
> --
> Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> cindy_winegarden@msn.com www.cindywinegarden.com
>

> "Jack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am thinking about studying for MCB with vb.net from QUE
> > Mike Gurdroys book. I read the synopsis of the book and
> > it said its not suppose to teach me VB.net. I am a bit
> > confused now.
> >
> > Isnt the goal of being MCP to be a VB.net certified
> > programmer?
> >
> > If have I have buy 3 seperate books for VB.net, ASP.net,
> > and ADO.net then why do i need Mikes .net certification
> > book?
> >
> > I am a bit overwhelmed with this idea. Can someone
> > please explain to me what exactly is MCP 70-035 exam is
> > all about?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Please, Sir! May I have another!
    ... The exams are tough. ... Studying doesn't cut it - someone needs to write a guide on how to detect ... Every single question was tough. ... I had enough time to review two questions and then got peaced ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: New to It and 15 years old
    ... As far as I know there aren't any age or experience requirements for MCP ... exams, although there are recommendations. ... might find studying for MCDST or MCSE exams. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Im bored with the process of studying
    ... I've got exams and I'm just not motivated. ... I'm just bored with the process of studying. ... I know how to memorise information. ... you won't enjoy, and that's bad: to do maths without loving maths is, ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Just starting -- MCPD vs. MCSD
    ... lol I think you are right, it is only 5 exams. ... > I already have a reasonable bounty of .NET Framework 1.1 professional ... > studying in addition to cert studying, which I can jump into now, while ... > I wait for the new cert tests and materials to solidify. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Flat out broke...
    ... > Yeah, it's IT related been studying pretty hard and passed a few exams but ... > Last thing I want is to get depressed, solution = employmet ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)