Two Versions of MCAD Requirements?

From: Dave Paden (DavePaden_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:27:09 -0800

So I thought I knew the MCAD requirements, but now I'm starting to wonder.

If you go to microsoft.com/learning and click on the certifications and then
MCAD, then requirements...you see that there are 3 required tests: Web apps,
XML, and an elective.

If you go to the MCP member site and click on "MY Certification Planner" and
expand "MCAD", there's a completely different breakdown. One "Web Core", one
"Web Elective", one "Windows Core", one "Windows Elective", and one "Web
Services". Now some of these overlap and according to this breakdown, it can
be done with FOUR tests. I would need to take the "Developing Windows
Applications..." test in addition to the other three (which I plan to do
anyway en route to MCSD).

I only bring this up because I passed the three tests identified at
microsoft.com/learning for MCAD last Thursday and my transcript still says
MCP so I'm starting to get a little worried. Even if it is just a long
process and I get updated later...why does the "Certification Planner" have
something so totally different?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mohamedanis10@hotmail.com
    ... logical step is to knock out the certification tests. ... stratify their certifications to levels - good, better, best (MCP, MCAD, ... that some developers are in position to write code that can, ... > For me, being successful in IT is all about aptitude, It don't matter ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • MCAD training
    ... MCAD as the certification. ... You can do either MCAD or MCSD ... I request Microsoft to take care about unwanted people ... >about the institutions to learn MCAD here in Bangalore. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • MCAD training
    ... MCAD as the certification. ... You can do either MCAD or MCSD ... I request Microsoft to take care about unwanted people ... >about the institutions to learn MCAD here in Bangalore. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
  • Re: Books..and course materials..
    ... Well it is my impression that the certification tests your ... >/ preps material and exam themselves then I am talking 20 grand here. ... ATL 7.0 isn't tested in the exams. ... >almost all the exams are repeated from MCSD.NET to MCAD. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd)
  • Re: Pre-requesites for MCAD cert - where to begin?
    ... that if you acquire your MCSD, you also acquire your MCAD ... then if you pass another 2 exams you will be ... certification that one ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)