Re: VB or C#?? whats the difference

From: Charles Collins (cj_collins_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/09/04

    Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:59:07 -0600

    Why don't you just type it out? You don't need the IDE to do it for you.

    "Baliga, Narasimha" <nbaliga@tiersolution.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks. Looks like this has been added in VS 2005. I have 2003 and I see a
    > very few events and not all the events of a control!
    >
    > regards
    > Baliga
    >
    > "Cindy Winegarden" <cindy_winegarden@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi Baliga,
    >>
    >> Open a code window and use the two combo boxes at the top to navigate to
    >> the events you want to code. I see the events lightning bolt in the VB
    >> IDE in VS 2005 (Whidbey).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
    >> cindy_winegarden@msn.com www.cindywinegarden.com
    >>

    >> "Baliga, Narasimha" <nbaliga@tiersolution.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have a doubt about VB. In VS .NET 2003, when I try to write a VB
    >>>windows forms, and if I want to write an event handler for say Onclosing
    >>>event of the form, the IDE does not seem to provide anything for this. I
    >>>mean in C# for e.g. I can click on "Events" tab and look at all the
    >>>events of the form or any component, how come I can't do this in VB?

    • Re: VB or C#?? whats the difference
      ... > Open a code window and use the two combo boxes at the top to navigate to ... I see the events lightning bolt in the VB IDE ... > Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP ... and if I want to write an event handler for say Onclosing event of ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
    • Re: Enormous bug with .NET IDE and Clearcase!
      ... Open one of the class files in the code window on ... notepad the IDE definately detects this and prompts you to refresh the ... changes and the way clearcase checks out files. ... >> CHECKOUT THE FILE FROM CLEARCASE. ...
    • Re: Minimum VC++ for Multi-Core?
      ... I find the IDE every bit as user-hostile when I'm writing C# code. ... separate "Event Handler Wizard" and "Add Member Variable ... adding a handler through the "Control Events" ... you into the code window, requiring you to navigate back to the dialog ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • VS 2003 Very Slow
      ... modify the corresponding .h file and return to the tab the IDE ... the .h code window appears with the corresponding event ... IDE becomes reponsive again and actually shows the Design window. ... that when I deleted the event hanlding function, ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
    • Re: Enormous bug with .NET IDE and Clearcase!
      ... Have just had confirmation from Rational (the Clearcase bods) that ... > I don't use dynamic views...we all use snapshots on our local drives. ... > we update the snapshot and files change the IDE detects the change. ... you just close the code window and ...