Re: Practice Exams

Eric
Date: 03/26/04

    Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:24:04 -0800

    Neil Simpson wrote:

    > Has anyone (recently) drawn any comparisons between the MS practice
    > exams from
    > Transcender and MeasureUp?

    These are very similar. I've used Transcenders a lot, but I've looked
    at MeasureUp. These cover the same material, but the questions are
    different.

    I really like to descriptions of the answer choices that both companies
    give you. This helps you learn. You don't just need to know why the
    right answer is right, but you also need to know why the other answers
    are wrong.

    Sometimes more than 1 answer is right, but one is "more right" than the
    others - this usually means that one answer is more efficient in terms
    of memory or network bandwidth.

    Pay close attention to the questions - sometimes they want you to
    implement the quickest solution for you to develop, and other times
    they want the solution that is most efficient at runtime.

    If you can afford it, get both of these.

    But I would stay away from the Transcenders Flash Cards. They seem to
    be of little value.

    Eric