Re: Looking for advice in getting a .NET job

From: JB (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/24/04

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:02:09 -0800

I suggest you to take a look at the book "What Color is
Your Parachute", which will show you the interview skill.
In some extent, interview skill is much more important
than your technical skill.

salaries have really gone
>down in the past few years. While I never thought I was
paid more than the
>norm (actually I worried that my salary was below the
norm during the past
>couple of years), I'm taking this advice seriously. Maybe
next time someone
>ask me what is my salary expectation, I should not give a
figure, but say
>something like "whatever salary that will match my skill
set and the
>requirements of the position" or maybe "negotiable".
Salary negotiation is a

>> Michael wrote:
>>
>> > I agree with you that employers are more aware of
MCSD than MCAD.

>> But you want to include both on your resume. MCAD is
only for .NET, but
>> MCSD can refer to older technologies.
>>
>> My personal thought on job experience: take a job that
pays low, but
>> gives you actual "hands on" experience with .NET. A
year later you can
>> look for a new job, but this time you'll have the
experience!