New in Microsoft but not as a Programmer

From: MikeAlfred (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:14:39 -0800

Hi all,

I'm an Application Programmer for almost 10 years using
Assembler, COBOL, and C/C++ (not the Visual) for
mainframe. In other words, legacy system. Currently, I'm
handling some projects using Cold Fusion, HTML, and
JavaScript. It was only last year when I started to study
Visual Basic 6.0 by myself but I haven't used this
language in real application.

Right now, my goal is to get certified as MCAD/MCSD but I
don't know where to start. Do I need to take a course
first of either Visual Basic, C++, C# of .NET? Or is it
okay for me to jump on the Certification Study/Review
(MCAD/MCSD)? I found some resources (course or books)
from microsoft.com/learning but I don't know if those are
enough.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

MikeAlfred