Re: MCAD details

From: Lorne Smith (no_at_spam.here)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:10:41 -0000

news:1082501c40e6f$f7b9e390$a301280a@phx.gbl...

> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. Although that makes my next
> test selection a little trickier. I've passed 70-316 and
> 70-320 so I had though I needed a server product for my
> MCAD because of this line on MCAD requirements page:
>
> "In addition to the core exam requirements, you must also
> pass one elective exam that provides proof of expertise
> with a specific Microsoft server product."
>
> That seems to conflict with their later statement that you
> pointed out. I'll probably still stick with taking 70-229
> next just to mix things up a bit.
>
> Thanks again for the correction.

Personally, I think it's a good idea to have more than just basic knowledge
of SQL and plan to do 70-229 myself... There's lots of bits a developer
won't normally use in SQL server that are useful to know about!

IMHO, I don't see the point in doing a windows apps exam then a web app exam
and completely skip the most important part... Data manipulation!

Lorne