Recent 70-320 Experience?

From: Al (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/21/04

    Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:33:19 -0800

    Hi Mal,

    I took the test today and completely surprised myself by
    scoring over 1000. My opinion is that the pass level is
    set fairly low as it is was a relatively difficult exam
    and other people I was taking it with also thought they
    did better than expected.

    I got loads of questions on the different types of
    remoting - Client/server activated + singleton/singlecall
    and remoting settins in the config file, I also had a lot
    on com+ attributes. Also setting up webservices i.e disco
    and wsdl files and iis security. Make sure you know which
    tool does what as well such as installutil, regasm,
    secutil al etc.

    Good luck!

    • Recent 70-320 Experience?
      ... I actually took the exam this morning ... >and remoting settins in the config file, ... I have the Kalani book,the ... >>book and the Transcender tests. ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad)
    • Re: Setting up a second monitor
      ... In my opinion they are useful for any level of user, as are the other types of documentation. ... but the vast majority of new users do not want to "understand" a config file or anything else; they just want to know what to do to get the job done. ... As you'll see from the above link and the Xinerama HOWTO, you need at least two Screen stanzas in xorg.conf, each of which includes a unique Device and Monitor pair. ... In the event that your hardware only shows one BusID, which is often the case for one video card with dual ports, and it seems that way from your replies that I've skimmed, you need to differentiate between the two Devices with the Screen parameter, /not/ the BusID. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Setting up a second monitor
      ... In my opinion they are useful for any level of user, as are the other types of documentation. ... I have been a technical writer working on user documentation for over 25 years. ... but the vast majority of new users do not want to "understand" a config file or anything else; they just want to know what to do to get the job done. ... In addition to the studies that back up my opinion, here is another opinion, also based on long experience: My partner Eric has been a Unix hacker for at least 25 years, and he says that man pages are not good for *anyone* to learn from; they are good for reference material for those who already know what the pages are talking about. ...
      (Ubuntu)