Recent 70-320 Experience?

From: Mal (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/20/04

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 20:35:28 -0800

Thanks Jeff - I really appreciate the reply. Congrats on
passing!

Although we use web services extensively at work, I have
no practical experience with remoting or COM+ and very
little with windows services. The concepts are
straightforward enough though so I suppose it's just a
case of trying to memorise the salient points.

Oh well back to Transcender Test A!.

Thanks again.

for
>70-316. I'm also using C# daily at work, working with
>remoting, windows services, and web services and that
>really helped on this test. The one thing that I didn't
>have a lot of experience with was the COM+ sections, so
>those really were stressing me out a bit during the
exam.
>I had done some reading from the books I mentioned but
>without "real" experience using it, it is easy to be
>unsure of some of the subtleties. Other than that, it is
>basically what is taught in the exam preps - a lot of
>remoting, web services, security, distributed app
>configuration, and deployment.
>
>Good luck on Monday - basically, just take your time and
>read the questions thoroughly and if you've done you're
>homework you should be fine.

MS
>>book (1st Edition) and the Transcender tests. I was
>>wondering if anyone who has taken the test recently
could
>>identify any areas that they feeel were under
represented
>>in these materials and perhaps a few hints on what they
>>thought were key topics? Any opinions on how the
>>Transcender tests compared to the real thing would be
>>great too.
>>
>>Thanks Everyone,
>>
>>Mal.
>>.

  • Re: Tiered architecture question
    ... You haven't listed Remoting thru IIS, ... Aka, when the server reboots, IIS comes back up. ... The big question for me in all this is whether I should use Web Services ...
  • Re: Remoting vs WebServices - Microsoft recommendation for web bas
    ... On the Custom Entities vs Dataset front for me I think it has to be Custom ... | Microsofts own recommendation? ... When deciding between Remoting or Web service I tend to look at where the ... "Internet") then I would use Web Services. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: I am confused now....
    ... Keep any external facing things as web services. ... Keep all internal facing interfaces as remoting objects. ... could use a common enterprise services based module as the backend to both ... I need to create and expose a component ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Yet another, remoting vs web services, datasets vs custom objects....
    ... >>> Interopability across multiple platforms and technologies, remoting ... >>> MUCH smaller following and less emphasis by M$ as a technology for this ... >>> Ive used Web Services in anger for over 4 years since M$ SOAP Toolkit ... newsgroup to choosing the best technology for my application. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: Yet another, remoting vs web services, datasets vs custom objects....
    ... >> Interopability across multiple platforms and technologies, remoting ... not a problem since we are supplying the client ... >> Ive used Web Services in anger for over 4 years since M$ SOAP Toolkit v1, ... newsgroup to choosing the best technology for my application. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)