IIS problem

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 03/10/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:54:03 -0800

I had similar problems, they suggested using SQL
authentication.
But Go to the control panel/administrative tools/event
viewer and check the logs. Then you can try to give the
user permissions. Asp uses a user called ASPNET, I gave it
admin rights.
 My hard drive burned out and I did a clean install and it
worked! So I really don't know, but the Microsoft
Evangelist in the Midwest said that the work around for a
similar problem connecting to the database was in the SQL
enterprise manager!

mike weltzin

  • Re: testing vulnerable web application.
    ... You should be able to just open up your logs and look for things that are out of the ordinary. ... Keep your database and all but double check it to make sure there really aren't accounts and what not that should not be there. ... We assumed the attacker was using some sort of SQL injection to alter the DB records or possibly he can craft a SQL query in a way that will create an admin account to use to simply log in and alter the records and then delete his username...NO rogue admin accounts have ever been found. ... You have an option to go with a managed service or an enterprise software. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Unable to start SQL SERVER service for a SQL EXPRESS instance.
    ... Event Viewer, as you directed), so that's what that said. ... As for the SQL Error Log, there don't appear to be ANY logs. ... Now, it won't install completely. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients)
  • Re: Getting Started - RAID, Multiple Instances, SQL 2000-2005 . . .
    ... SQL 2000 Std. ... Data and Logs on RAID 5 partition ... Planning to put OS on RAID 1 partition, logs on different RAID 1 partition, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Does NTBackup backup SQL Express?
    ... In which case I assume the logs do NOT get flushed so this is not an option ... as I know enough that the logs must be flushed during every full backup. ... and the SBS server I regularly use runs MySQL not SQL ... I've always scripted my SQL Server backups separatly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Tracing Web service calls
    ... Message logs. ... I beleive IBM have created such a tool for their web service ... No SQL database blocking. ...