Re: Do you need practical experience to take these exams?

From: bredal Jensen (bred.jen_at_jensen.dk)
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:04:55 +0100

I do not quiet agry with the fact that , certification without experience is
meaningless.
I do agree that certification is much easier with experience and requires
much less preps
time but, in the other hand , the cert preparation process brings you
valuable skills that can
sharpen your ability to developp real life apps. I do have both worlds .net
experience
My personal experience tells me that universities teach .net as a new
advanced object oriented
programming environnement . The work palce in the other hand has product
developement has
the main focus and there you learn to build software with time-to market in
focus .
It is not necessary to use Stuff like "GOF Design patterns" and other
advanced tech stuff.
That was mmy personal experience.