Re: NZ price of MCAD

From: Cindy Winegarden (cindy.winegarden_at_mvps.org)
Date: 02/25/04

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:31:06 -0500

In news: 0bea01c3fb21$9e2cbb10$a501280a@phx.gbl,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
>> Can you buy some books and study on your own? You'll still need to
>> pay for the exams, but the total cost (books plus exams) will be
>> much less.

> How long would it take to do it on my own ?

A lot depends on what your background is - how much experience in .NET do
you already have?

> and what are
> the costs of the books ? Not even sure if they're
> available in new zealand ...

I don't know if you can order from Amazon, but I found an online bookseller
based in NZ that carries the same variety of books:

http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/index.asp?searchstring=MCSD&stype=bktitle&c=search&x=12&y=17

--
Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
cindy.winegarden@mvps.org  www.cindywinegarden.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Some simple questions...
    ... questions based on what is in the books. ... my experience with the exams is that sometimes (especially when you have ... The way I learned this stuff is by reading, testing, reading, testing, etc. ... applying GPOs for policy enforcement and/or software deployment: ...
  • Re: MCSE - how easy?
    ... Buy the books one at a time starting with the client os books. ... To top this off the company went bust before I completed my MCSE and I lost out on the last few exams. ... I don't regret doing my MCSE though - the first few MCP's got me my first IT job as a computer technician. ... Why don't you just start off with a client exam book, study it and see how far you get? ...
  • RE: Just Starting out
    ... Only then will you be ready to take the exams. ... You don't have to get the books at Amazon - you can get them almost anywhere ... the opportunity to download some of the certification books as well. ... If you have no money at all, go to a bookstore and read the books there, ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)