Which software?

From: Jim (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:15:24 -0800

VS .nET academic 2003 version is all you need. it comes
with everythign that VS .NET pro does without the cost. I
used 2002 while I was in school and was surprised that
there was little or no difference between pro and
enterprise version, so agian yor fine

but would like to go ahead and start studying for my
MCAD. I'm starting school in a few months and will be
eligible to buy the Academic version of studio .NET
professional. Dropping $1000 on the retail version just
doesn't seem like an option right now. Does the academic
version have everything I need to work with?

>I'd like to start studying now, so would a copy of
VB .NET standard 2003 and VC# .NET standard serve me well
enough to pass the exam, or do I have to have
Professional? Also, do most people just pick either C# or
VB, or are MCADs expected to work with both?