Re: Map Values during installation

Hi BM,

I am sure you will achieve this by creating an customer functoid.

Thanks to Ben for sharing your code.

Cheers,

Wade

"BizTalkVirtuoso" <ben.mcfarlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi BM,
That sounds like a nice installation. You'll need to use ssoconfig.exe
to store the values during installation and also retreive them from
within the map.

In the installer class of the Msi, add code that will call
ssoconfig.exe from the command line to add the values. Here is some
sample code that I used to register a COM component from within an
installer class:

private void RegisterServices(string FileName, bool UnInstall)
{
string Arguments = string.Concat("\"", FileName, "\"");
if(UnInstall) Arguments = string.Concat("/u ", Arguments);
string cmd = string.Concat("regsvcs.exe ", Arguments);

Process process = new Process();
process.StartInfo.FileName = "cmd.exe";
process.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
process.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;
process.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Normal;
process.StartInfo.RedirectStandardInput = true;
process.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
process.StartInfo.RedirectStandardError = true;
process.Start();

StreamWriter sIn = process.StandardInput;
StreamReader sOut = process.StandardOutput;
StreamReader sErr = process.StandardError;

sIn.AutoFlush = true;
sIn.Write(cmd);
sIn.Write(System.Environment.NewLine);
sIn.Write("exit");
sIn.Write(System.Environment.NewLine);
string s = sOut.ReadToEnd();
TraceEvent(s);

if(!process.HasExited) process.Kill();

sIn.Close();
sOut.Close();
sErr.Close();
process.Close();
}

Inside the map you can call a method from an external assembly that
will retreive the values from the SSO store. I don't have sample code
for that but it should be easy to find. Good luck and let me know how
it goes.

Ben McFarlin
Microsoft BizTalk Server Consultant

  • Re: Week Number in Fujitsu cobol
    ... questions like 'how often will this report be run?' ... should it be parameterised so as to be able to run for multiple bases, ... is it for a single 'store' or will it be for a series of 'stores' ... installation or should it be parameterised so as to be able to run for ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Ping Eagle - Explain?
    ... He wound up blowing out the controller for the ovens and ... the control transformer in one of the AC air handlers. ... Here's a look at an installation from 2009 that is now gone because ... the POS system was moved from another system at an older store that I ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: Ping Eagle - Explain?
    ... up blowing out the controller for the ovens and the control ... into a double pole breaker instead of the neutral bar. ... Here's a look at an installation from 2009 that is now gone because the city took the property for a stadium and the store had to be moved. ... I sold them the phone system and video surveillance gear and the POS system was moved from another system at an older store that I had installed. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: How are you handling EUL agreement?
    ... Brett ... But where do you store the information that says the user ... You don't want the agreement popping up everytime. ... > |>> Say I want my installation to popup a user agreement, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Exchange Information Store Help
    ... Description - The information store stopped when the 16GB limit was hit ... install of SP2 for Exchange. ... During installation, I recieved and error ... You may cancel the installation or try the failed setup ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)