Re: Querying a DB and sending Email based on query output

BA,

Wondering if there is an adapter for Sybase database, because i want to
perform the same task against another sybase database too.

Please let me know and thanks for all your help.

--
SAJJAS

"BA" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Your going to have to write your query and probably save it as a stored
> procedure, then the SQL receive port can execute the query and start
> orhestrations.
>
> Next use a "decide" shape in your orchestration, setting a condition on a
> value > 100, if the condition is true, send the mail in that branch, else,
> do nothing
>

> "SAJJAS" <SAJJAS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > BA,
> >
> > The exact specifics i am looking at is
> >
> > a) writing a grouped query against a table
> > b) the output column value needs to be checked for it its greater than 100
> > c) If greater than send email
> > d) else do nothing and proceed to next record of the query.
> >
> > Please let me know
> >
> > --
> > SAJJAS
> >

> > "BA" wrote:
> >

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Here are a few things to look at to get you started:
> >>
> >> You'll probably want to use the SQL adapter, since you are using SQL
> >> 2000,
> >> look in the SDK for examples of the implimentation.
> >>
> >> It sounds like you want to poll SQL server, so you'll need to learn how
> >> set up a SQL receive location.
> >>
> >> For output, you can use the SMTP protocol. You can configure a send port
> >> with your email address credentials.
> >>
> >> The message for the email can be created in a host of ways, the mapping
> >> tool
> >> may be right for you.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> BA
> >>

> >> "SAJJAS" <SAJJAS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: Dataset bug
    ... Not by me, by VisualStudio. ... After you add to adapter a new query via wizard ... according to required sql params. ...
  • RE: Persistance points performance
    ... I have had up to a second delay in using the SQL ... adapter to query a database. ... How long does the SP take to run when you call it from Query Analyser? ... assembly from the orchestration. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Querying a DB and sending Email based on query output
    ... > Wondering if there is an adapter for Sybase database, ... > perform the same task against another sybase database too. ... >> Your going to have to write your query and probably save it as a stored ... >>> SAJJAS ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: DBMS and lisp, etc.
    ... Naively implemented with SQL, again for 10 ... (1 query for the initial orders, 1 query for each order for its ... soon as you upgrade to the SQL database. ... (eq (order-customer orderA) ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Populating a list -- table structure?
    ... I had made a report already and figured out about adding the ... your responce below, but thanks to your help with SQL, I was able to get the ... It takes a summary from a select query and gives the ... KitID, long integer ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)