Re: delay in email then crash

Can you post ipconfig /all for rogue workstations ?

What I am looking for is to ensure DNS is pointing to server.

Can you think back to what may have been done on server before errors on
workstation? Change of NIC, is binding order correct for example.

"Puzzled" <puzzled@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> http://seer.support.veritas.com/NAV_BAR/clustersearch.asp?SrchPageID=adv_search_module.asp&highlight=off&group=on&SearchArea=All&rc=25&SearchTerm=The+backup+of+the+item+is+bad&ddProduct=BEWNT&ProductVersion=BEWNTPVER12608&ddOS=&method=and&show_pdf=1&include_techfiles=1&search=Go
>

> "wendy" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Event viewer all parts no errors. Yes all parts of exchange logging are
>> on.
>> The users are on Windows 2000. Only one machine is on XP and that one is
>> fine.
>> Veritas 9 (has been running fine for 2 years)
>> this is the log from veritas.. The public folder is backing up fine at
>> the
>> moment
>> Set type : BackupSet status : CompletedSet
>> description : Backup 0010
>> Resource name : \\CMR-SRV1\Microsoft Exchange MailboxesLogon
>> account : System Logon Account
>> Error : a000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad.
>>
>> Thank you again for trying to help.
>>

>> "Puzzled" wrote:
>>
>>> LOL... what is normal... definately no errors ?
>>>
>>> Seem to have sperate issues here...
>>>
>>> 1. User, is it XP with firewall switched on? I have seen this happen. As
>>> troubleshoot exercise try turning off firewall. However I always
>>> recommend
>>> firewall is on.
>>>
>>> 2. Exchange... is all diagnostic logging switched on in all its services
>>> ?
>>> Then what does event viewer say. Remember to look in APPS and SYSTEM
>>> logs
>>> and review the information entries not just the errors or warnings.
>>>
>>> 3. What backup errors are being reported for exchange. Which backup
>>> program
>>> you using?
>>>

>>> "wendy" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: Unable to Receive Email from the internet
    ... Are you running this on Longhorn server? ... Test from outside your firewall: ... Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge ... looking at the firewall inbound rules on my LHS. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Open ports?
    ... You can't install Exchange without IIS. ... This server isn't going to be as secure as possible. ... >>> However, if this is your domain controller, putting a firewall between ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: OMA?
    ... You would need to open up port 80 to the Exchange server only. ... > would I have to open up port 80 on my firewall, ...
  • Re: SBS2008 - Exchange 2007 + Connection Control
    ... But then why not do it in Exchange if the facility is there to do ... but the fact that you can't do this in your firewall should ... Microsoft Exchange> Server Configuration> Hub Transport> ... Currently this would appear by default to permit connections ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS2008 - Exchange 2007 + Connection Control
    ... But then why not do it in Exchange if the facility is there to do it? ... as it will make troubleshooting a huge PITA. ... but the fact that you can't do this in your firewall should be ... Microsoft Exchange> Server Configuration> Hub Transport> ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)