Re: Password Change Problem

From: Jim Behning (jimbehningmvp_at_atl.mindspring.com)
Date: 11/06/04

    Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 01:04:20 GMT

    You know when you see that question about saving passwords in IE. No
    is the correct answer. Dig around in IE for passwords and delete them.
    Tools/Inernet Options/Content/Autocomplete. I don't think they are
    stored anywhere else.

    "Gary Christenot" <itsupport@cincobc.org> wrote:

    >I have a SBS2000 network with XP Pro clients. Been
    >running fine with not problems for many months. Now,
    >when a user changes their domain password, the machine
    >seems to continue to login to the domain OK but the user
    >can't access any network services (Outlook, Web via ISA
    >server) without getting prompted by these services for
    >username and password. For example, when opening
    >Outlook, she gets a login prompt with her SBS2000
    >username and domain filled in, she fills in the new
    >password she just changed to, and Outlook opens. Same
    >thing with ISA server. Hit IE, get prompted for a login,
    >put in new password, goes through OK. Seems like the
    >client may still be trying to submit the old password as
    >part of the initial authentication. I need help!
    >
    >Gary

    Jim B. SBS Community Member
    remove the mvp to send email

    • Re: Network Login format
      ... prompt says to enter the domain and username in the username field. ... >> I want to log onto the net at the login prompt. ...
    • Outlook login prompt on sbs2000 exchange
      ... Network was recently rebuilt after a bad server crash, ... domain prompt when opening Outlook for the first time after login. ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
    • Outlook 2003 username cache
      ... weeks ago, I needed to test out another account, thus I logged into ... Outlook with a different username. ... login to my account it pulls up the old users username, ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • Re: Multiple access problems after login to domain
      ... receives a prompt to login for access to the server. ... The username you typed is the same as the username ...
    • Re: Outlook not able to see password change?
      ... Dan ... >>them to do so at logon), Outlook prompts for username and password. ... >>terrible thing here is that when the prompt appears it lists the user name as ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)