Re: windows xp pro userenv problem

From: Marina Roos [SBS-MVP] (marina_at_roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com)
Date: 11/03/04

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 01:29:28 +0100

Hi Bob,

Please post the ipconfig/all from the server and a client.

--
Regards,
Marina
> [...]
lost.

> on all three of these machines i seem to be getting the same three event
log
> reports shown below.
>
> i have looked at the windows xp pro newsgroup but don't see any reports
like
> this.  the event logs make me thing maybe i have an issue with the sbs2000
> server.
>
> any one have any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Bob Atwell
> event logs follow
>

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1053
> Date: 11/2/2004
> Time: 3:28:56 PM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: DRWKST1
> Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain
> either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy
processing
> aborted.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: AutoEnrollment
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 15
> Date: 11/2/2004
> Time: 7:41:32 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: DRWKST1
> Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the
> active directory (0x8007054b).  The specified domain either does not exist
or
> could not be contacted.
>   Enrollment will not be performed.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: NETLOGON
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 5719
> Date: 11/2/2004
> Time: 3:27:20 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: DRWKST1
> No Domain Controller is available for domain DATA-RESULTS due to the
> following:
> There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request.
> .
> Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If
> the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

> Data:
> 0000: 5e 00 00 c0               ^..
>

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: W32Time
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 29
> Date: 11/2/2004
> Time: 3:25:49 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: DRWKST1
> The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more
> time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible.  No
> attempt to contact a source will be made for 959 minutes. NtpClient has no

    ... > I have three windows xp pro client machines on my sbs 2000 network. ... > Event Type: Error ... > Event Source: AutoEnrollment ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • windows xp pro userenv problem
    ... I have three windows xp pro client machines on my sbs 2000 network. ... machines seem to "loose" connectivity to all the network resorces including ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Delay opening Network Neighbourhood
    ... I have a Gigabit Ethernet network with up to 6 computers connected. ... This one (Windows XP Pro SP2) is always on; the others may be on or off ... and volumes on all the machines. ... while Windows tries to check the connectivity of each one. ...
  • Delay opening Network Neighbourhood
    ... I have a Gigabit Ethernet network with up to 6 computers connected. ... This one (Windows XP Pro SP2) is always on; the others may be on or off ... and volumes on all the machines. ... while Windows tries to check the connectivity of each one. ...
  • Re: Cryptogram Comment
    ... >> bother me with Windows questions. ... >> machines are broken. ... Just like if you don't know to tune up your car every year then you ... > and Linux and other open OS's make all patches FREE to redistribute. ...
    (sci.crypt)