Re: Secure Website fails with ISA

From: SuperGumby [SBS MVP] (not_at_your.nellie)
Date: 10/06/04

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:16:53 +1000

try going into your IE proxy settings and telling it not to 'use the same
proxy for all protocols'

then delete the proxy information on the line 'Secure:'

OR

modify ISA via vbs as you mentioned to allow secure proxy to port 2083.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283284 opens secure
proxy via port 9443, just substitute 2083

"Lewej" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi SuperGumby
> Thanks for your reply. Ah...the port I need to access is
> 2083 (it is part of the www address).
> So on a default set up of SBS 2000 and ISA (2 nics and
> DSL) I should be able to access secure web sites in
> general. However if it is a different port as
> above...then I would need to open a packet filter in ISA?
> Correct or am I way off?
> Thanks Lewej

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HTTPS environment variable
    ... >> it) and setting the proxy settings. ... The source port is irrelevant. ... > REMOTE machine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Transparent proxy failing
    ... machine A as the gateway on the network, and A takes requests to port ... The squid machine, A, doesn't handle HTTPS blocking. ... up a website, it goes right to the website, no filtering. ... IE on the client to specifically use the proxy setting of B's ip ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: ServicePointManager does not support proxies of HTTPS scheme
    ... I told about your answer to our network administrator and he didn't figured ... the WebService owner's proxy... ... the browser typically switches to port 443. ... > a router that does support secure sessions. ...
  • Re: SSH Tunneling, view web site as though I am in the USA
    ... $ ssh -D 1080 me@us_server ... And then set your local web browser to proxy using socks 4 to server ... HTTP Proxy: localhost Port: 1080 ... Not http proxy, SOCKS 4 proxy. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Anyone using squid and pf?
    ... then redirect to 8021. ... If you want it to go to your squid proxy, then send it to port 8080 on $proxy. ... # 4/ access rule to allow traffic from the local net to your FTP proxy ...
    (freebsd-questions)