Re: Secure Website fails with ISA

From: SuperGumby [SBS MVP] (not_at_your.nellie)
Date: 10/06/04

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:16:53 +1000

try going into your IE proxy settings and telling it not to 'use the same
proxy for all protocols'

then delete the proxy information on the line 'Secure:'

OR

modify ISA via vbs as you mentioned to allow secure proxy to port 2083.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283284 opens secure
proxy via port 9443, just substitute 2083

"Lewej" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi SuperGumby
> Thanks for your reply. Ah...the port I need to access is
> 2083 (it is part of the www address).
> So on a default set up of SBS 2000 and ISA (2 nics and
> DSL) I should be able to access secure web sites in
> general. However if it is a different port as
> above...then I would need to open a packet filter in ISA?
> Correct or am I way off?
> Thanks Lewej

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HTTPS environment variable
    ... >> it) and setting the proxy settings. ... The source port is irrelevant. ... > REMOTE machine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Transparent proxy failing
    ... machine A as the gateway on the network, and A takes requests to port ... The squid machine, A, doesn't handle HTTPS blocking. ... up a website, it goes right to the website, no filtering. ... IE on the client to specifically use the proxy setting of B's ip ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: ServicePointManager does not support proxies of HTTPS scheme
    ... I told about your answer to our network administrator and he didn't figured ... the WebService owner's proxy... ... the browser typically switches to port 443. ... > a router that does support secure sessions. ...
  • Re: SSH Tunneling, view web site as though I am in the USA
    ... $ ssh -D 1080 me@us_server ... And then set your local web browser to proxy using socks 4 to server ... HTTP Proxy: localhost Port: 1080 ... Not http proxy, SOCKS 4 proxy. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Webproxy Konfiguration auf einem ISA 2006 Standard
    ... dann ist der Client noch SecureNAT Client?! ... Dann geht es auch ohne Proxy ... Hierbei habe ich die einzelne IP als Quelle angegeben und den ISA ... Freigegeben sind Port 80/443/8080. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.isaserver)