Re: exchange 2k adding logon rights.

From: Joe Letter (nojunk_at_nojunk.com)
Date: 07/22/04

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:54:04 -0500

Wow thanks! I'll take a look at those documents.

Thanks again!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Joe Letter wrote:
> > In exchange 4.5 it was easy to go to exchange administrator and give a
> > network user permission to login to another user's mailbox. Can this
> > be done in exchange 2k? I can't seem to find the functionality. I
> > used to setup a mailbox that several people had access to for sending
> > and receiving.. This was very convenient.
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;262054 for how
> to grant full service-level account access to administrators
> See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327000 to grant send on behalf
of/send
> as rights to users
> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=268754 and
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF006.html to grant full mailbox
rights
> to users/groups
>

> > I also used to create a mailbox without having to create a matching
> > user. Is that possible as well?
>
> Nope - in AD, a mailbox is just an attribute of a user object.
> >
> > Thank!
> > Joseph Dahler

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Send On Behalf
    ... send messages from a mailbox and if you want the messages ... this without touching the Mailbox Rights or Security tab settings. ... Exchange documentation. ... I> think our next move is going to be to delete the> uncooperative account and recreate it. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Send As permission in AD and Exchange
    ... with all other rights in the ... Other mailbox rights show up in the Exchange Advanced tab, ... which objects inherit from which, but that's likely to be what will ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: access another users mailbox
    ... I really can't go through each and every case where rights are granted and ... MVP - Exchange ... "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ... Anything that the mailbox inherits will show up there. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)
  • Re: You do not have permission to send to this recipient
    ... I have a feeling hte problem is a permissions problem, ... Just a note - if I log on to a mailbox specifically with the different ... I would try granting another test account both Full Mailbox rights & Send As ... You have Send As rights set? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: You do not have permission to send to this recipient
    ... I have a feeling hte problem is a permissions problem, ... Just a note - if I log on to a mailbox specifically with the ... I would try granting another test account both Full Mailbox rights ... You have Send As rights set? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)