Re: Server with 3 NICs

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 07/01/04

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 18:08:16 -0400

Ineedtoknow@knowledge.com wrote:
> My goal is
> Leave 1 NIC to communicate with the Internet.
> Second NIC to communicate with internal LAN.
> and third NIC communicate with second LAN, which come
> from a remote location via Router.
> If you need more details let me know. Thanks

If you have an existing router, why do you need to do this at all? This is
what routers *do*... :-)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Accessing a internal server from DMZ
    ... The Qmail in the DMZ must communicate with the internal LAN, ... Your LDAP server would probably be best in the internal LAN, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • router forwarding traffic directly to VPN routers WAN IP
    ... I have a problem where internal LAN computers need to communicate with ... computers in a remote LAN through a VPN tunnel. ... the internal LAN devices, and the other is 192.168.2.3 which communicates ... with the VPN router on 192.168.2.254. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: How risky is it to have a web server on the internal LAN?
    ... The usual method is to use a server with dual ports - one faces the internal ... internal LAN, and you get a little extra subnet of IPs from the ISP ... There is no DMZ - this is all done with just one router e.g. one of ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: How risky is it to have a web server on the internal LAN?
    ... internal LAN, and you get a little extra subnet of IPs from the ISP ... There is no DMZ - this is all done with just one router e.g. one of ... So the internal LAN has some machines on 192.168.1.x, ... packets arriving on 123.124.125.126 are presented to *all* machines on ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Floating Computer between domains
    ... So setting up an unrestricted router won't work. ... can I simply put a second network card into the domain ... communicate with eachother, all other machines in the respective ... networks would have to talk to the domain controller that is connected ...