Re: Access Security Wizard

Thanks for the input, Paul.

I'll definitely get a hold of a copy of the article just to satisfy my
curiousity. By no means have I seen them all, but I have run into a few
corrupted .mdb's and most if not all were finally resolved, but I couldn't
remember a single one in which Access Security or lack thereof had played a
material role. As you said, secured or unsecured an mdb is just as likely to
get corrupted for various reasons.

Immanuel Sibero

"Paul Overway" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I read this article, and the evidence offered to support this claim
appeared
> very anecdotal to me. Moreover, in my experience, I have observed
numerous
> cases of corruption on secured Access databases....as frequent if not more
> so than what I have observed with unsecured databases. I found the
> writer's claim unconvincing. IMO, it would be better to pursue the
> potential causes that have been documented (and proven) elsewhere.
>
> --
> Paul Overway
> Logico Solutions
> http://www.logico-solutions.com
>

> "proffittware" <proffittware@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > It was in March Issue of AccessAdvisor...user contributions...
> >
> > "Immanuel Sibero" wrote:
> >
> >> proffittware,
> >>
> >> If you mean Access User Lever Security as covered in the Access
Security

.