Re: Trouble Creating ACCDE file

There is no reason that you cannot use and MDB or MDE in Access 2007 or
2010. Unless you are using newer features available only in the latest
version, it is advisable to use the Access 2000 format which can be run in
EVERY version from 2000 on.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

<Gus Kernot> wrote in message news:201043002546gus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am converting an Access XP application to 2007.

I am having a similar problem to the one mentioned above but my code
compiles when I run Debug>Compile.

I have had to go through the code and change various Recordset
declarations to DAO.Recordset and I wonder if there may be some problem
with one of the libraries.

I could believe there is a problem with an upgrade to one of the libraries
but cannot locate any problems manually.

Any hints would be much appreciated as this is a bit of a mystery.

Thanks
Gus

lastjackal1 wrote:

You are right, the code cleanup was the problem in converting to MDE or
ACCDE.
24-Nov-09

You are right, the code cleanup was the problem in converting to MDE or
ACCDE.
The "DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo" does eliminate the QAT.
Thanks
Albert!!

Albert D. Kallal wrote:

On Tuesday, November 24, 2009 12:10 PM