Re: Internet download

It's not clear to me what you're complaining about. Are you saying that
you've got a file with an extension of mde on your website, but when your
users download it, the file they download has an extension of mdb? There's
no easy way to convert an mde back to an mdb, so it's extremely unlikely
that your files are being changed by the download.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"rjsmith" <rjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I wasnt sure where to put this, but heres my problem.

I send my customers updates to the various .mdes in their application
through a hyperlink on a web page. Sometime in the latest set of security
updates for IE7, they started making the mde download as an mdb through
the
File Download - Security Warning box. Obviously, all of my tables are
attached to the mde and I cant make them do all of the steps needed to
convert an mdb to an mde.

Has anyone else seen this problem before? Is Microsoft aware of this?

  • Re: What does a blue padlock mean?
    ... Do you have Windows Explorer showing the file extensions? ... what is the file extension? ... If it is not .MDE, then you have a problem with Windows ... ..MDE file out of your .MDB file. ...
  • Re: Use of Sharepoint 2010 and Access 2010 - Interesting answers regarding Security and who can
    ... you cannot have the equivalent of an MDE ... You can certainly publish an mde file to access services, and the resulting download can not be modified by the end users. ... I not played much with testing and publishing mde files. ... you can always distribute an NON published accDE file that has the tables linked to SharePoint. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Vista 64bit rpeventing file copy
    ... file, via email or download, it appears as though the file has copied ... The original install program installs the Access runtime, ... contains a new MDE. ... directory entry and leave the original file as free disk space. ...
  • Re: Library Database
    ... >>restriction to MDE, but did mention that I could only get it to work ... tested -- I only had either MDB or MDE." ... the .Mde extension works fine even if the library is not compiled. ... This is the first time I can remember that something could be done with ..Mde files that cannot be done with .Mdb files. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Handloading / Reloading Log Software
    ... the file ends in MDB not MDE. ... I wasable to download ...
    (rec.guns)