Re: Long Date Search - JCW
- From: JohnW <JohnW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:22:02 -0700
John - this worked great. Thanks for your help.
"John W. Vinson" wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 14:35:01 -0700, JohnW <JohnW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
I have a field called birthdate that I have formatted for long date so when
the user inputs the date as 8/21/1999 the month name August will appear in
the field also. I want to be able to serach for all birthdays in a month but
when I set the search criteria in my query to search for a name of a month it
does not find anything. It will find numbers from this field but not text.
How can I do this?
Thanks for the help.
Regardless of the format, a Date/Time field is actually stored as a Double
Float number, a count of days and fractions of a day (times) since midnight,
December 30, 1899. The Format just controls how it's displayed - the date does
NOT contain the text string "August" at all.
To get all birthdates that fall in August (of any month, August 1921 or August
2004) use a Query with a calculated field; you could type
BirthMonth: Format([birthdate], "mmmm")
This wiill give a text string, "August" or "May" or whatever, and can be used
for search criteria.
John W. Vinson [MVP]
- Prev by Date: Re: Please help to zero filled on file
- Next by Date: Re: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ‘tblDUES.’
- Previous by thread: Re: Long Date Search - JCW
- Next by thread: criteria in running sum formula