Re: Date/Time Function

When you say "convert", I assume you mean "calculate", since literally
converting February 16, 2006 to February 28, 2006 would lose the original
information (the 16th).

In a query, use the DateSerial() function to calculate EOM, with something
like:

DateSerial(Year([YourDateControl]), Month([YourDateControl])+1,0)

The "0"-th day of a month is the last day of the previous month. By adding
+1 to the indicated month first, you are pushing into the next month, then
using "0"-th day to back up to the last day of the indicated month.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Wigberto" <Wigberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello All:

Is there a function in Access equivalete to the "EoMonth" function in
Excel?
I want to convert date in the specific field to the end of month. For
example, if the date in one field is Feb 16, 2006, I would like to convert
that date to the end of the month (Feb 28, 2006), (March 31, XXXX for a
date
falling within the month of March).

  • RE: Macro
    ... Then post the query results. ... My data is in an Excel file called ... Microsoft SQL Server 2000, which requires a server, VBA or Microsoft Query ... VBA code in excel suddenly became un-compileable. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Excel Calcs in Access
    ... show below looks to me like an Excel sheet with one column of ... "John Nurick" wrote: ... below is the result of the same query but 1 line above. ... John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Looking for Easiest Way to Create Report
    ... By recording Excel macros and editing them you may be able to get all this down to one button push in each application. ... run your query then that makes life very much easier than it would have been if you'd had to match values line by line. ... So, if you do go for the query and TransferSpreadsheet route, that leaves you with the problem of levering in the four header rows. ... My guess is that the simplest solution will be in Excel, if you're prepared to do the job in two stages: one which generates the spreadsheet from Access, and another which requires you to move to Excel to add the headers. ...
  • Re: OutputTo to Excel question
    ... "Jeanette Cunningham" wrote: ... As you note it forces excel to treat numbers as text. ... clicks Ok and your query is exported) ... Save a query that pulls the same data as the report. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.macros)
  • Re: EXCEL Issue retriving data from SQL
    ... I got the same results, one row in analyzer, and two in EXCEL. ... ' Establecer el query o stored procedure a ejecutar ... Dim lngRenglon As Long ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)