Re: Why can't I update this query

Yup, I see that it's all or nothing with updatable-ness.

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
BruceM wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I am not attempting to add or edit data other
than Purchase Order information. Further, I have no wish to do so.
VendorID is the FK field in tblPO, so the combo box on frmPO has been
made to display the vendor name, but the rest of the vendor
information is for display only. [snip]

I have had queries where linking to one additional table so that one field
could be added for viewing only made that query non-editable. Which
fields you intend to edit or not edit doesn't enter into the equation.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

.