Re: Why can't I update this query

Yup, I see that it's all or nothing with updatable-ness.

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
BruceM wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I am not attempting to add or edit data other
than Purchase Order information. Further, I have no wish to do so.
VendorID is the FK field in tblPO, so the combo box on frmPO has been
made to display the vendor name, but the rest of the vendor
information is for display only. [snip]

I have had queries where linking to one additional table so that one field
could be added for viewing only made that query non-editable. Which
fields you intend to edit or not edit doesn't enter into the equation.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

  • Re: Why cant I update this query
    ... than Purchase Order information. ... made to display the vendor name, but the rest of the vendor ... information is for display only. ... you intend to edit or not edit doesn't enter into the equation. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Runtime error
    ... Create an Empty Vendor File. ... DISPLAY " PLEASE SELECT:". ... NetCOBOL COBOL ERROR REPORT ... Module File: C:\Program Files\Fujitsu NetCOBOL for Windows ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Why cant I update this query
    ... to display, not edit, the vendor data. ... A query that combines tblVendor and tblPhone can be edited, ... in order to display a record regardless of whether there is a phone number. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Adding a new parent key for a new child record on a subform
    ... combo box can *display* the item name while storing the item code; ... you can have the combo display the item code and use a Form Textbox to ... Vendor would appear to be related to the Order as a whole, ... price, I'd expect. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Radeon 9250 DRM in 7.2-RELEASE
    ... vendor = 'Intel Corporation' ... device = '82945G Integrated Graphics Controller' ... class = display ...
    (freebsd-stable)