Re: The string returned by the builder was too long

Thanks Duane! I did as instructed! I named the table lazipcodes. In the
query/criteria I typed: Not in(Select * from lazipcodes) and it came back
with the zipcodes that weren't in LA. Thanks a million!

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> You should model this in a table. All of your LA zip codes should be
> noted/stored in table. Your zipcodes will change and you shouldn't have to
> modify expressions, you should modify data records.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> MS Access MVP
>

> "Bolo" <Bolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Thank you for your reply Duane! I was doing a query to eliminate the zip
> > codes that are not in Los Angeles. I must've entered over 300 zip codes.
> > Example:
> > Not In("90001","90002") etc. The query will run up to 130 zip codes.
> > After
> > that, I gave me the above error message. How can I fit all the necessary
> > zip
> > codes? Thanks!
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you provide some idea as to the expression you are attempting to
> >> build?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Duane Hookom
> >> MS Access MVP
> >>

> >> "Bolo" <Bolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: The string returned by the builder was too long
    ... Thank you for your reply Duane! ... codes that are not in Los Angeles. ... I must've entered over 300 zip codes. ... "Duane Hookom" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Beginner query help please
    ... I've been poking around Outlook and your programmes query output, ... I've noticed that if you select all the query output (in this case ... Duane Hookom wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Print every other record in a form
    ... 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) ... Thank you Duane and Gina. ... "Duane Hookom" wrote: ... If this is possible then my current report would work. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Need Input on Database Design
    ... Thanks, too, to Duane. ... SolutionID ... SubCategoryID ... "Duane Hookom" wrote: ...
  • RE: query to overcome field type problem?
    ... Appreciate the guidance, Duane... ... of the box contact template and add a groups table... ... "Duane Hookom" wrote: ... groups table and stop trying to normalize the tables by using an ID ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)