Re: How do I get my query to list months that have no data records?
- From: "Van T. Dinh" <VanThien.Dinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:32:38 +1000
A bit of complications since a Query cannot display data if data is not
What you can do is to use a Query "Q1" to create a "dummy" Record for "zero"
for each month in the required year(s). You can then use a Union Query to
combine rows from Q1 and your actual Table so you have at least one row for
You can then do a Total Query which should have a total for each month (the
month without real Records showing zero) in the required year(s).
Van T. Dinh
"dsbnmhg" <dsbnmhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I want to do a query of data and sum totals by month. Some months don't
> any records so they don't show up on my query. I want to have all months
> show up so I can use the query in a report or download into Excel and
> for all 12 months of each year. How do I make the empty months show up on
- Prev by Date: Repairing database 2x's a day
- Next by Date: Re: Replacing Databases used in a Query
- Previous by thread: Re: How do I get my query to list months that have no data records?
- Next by thread: Error 3071