Re: Run Query from Windows Task Scheduler

From: Frank Brown (FrankBrown_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/20/04

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:23:02 -0700

Hi Tom....
Thanks for the response...

Actually, as I said in the original post, Windows has no problems executing
the Query. I double click it, and Access opens and runs the query. The
form idea would work, but as I said , I already can accomplish this with a
macro. I guess what I really want to know is why the task scheduler does
not work properly.

"Tom Ellison" wrote:

> Dear Frank:
>
> Not only the scheduler, but probably your system doesn't "know how to
> handle MAQ files."
>
> You can create a separate Access application to do this. That can
> then be scheduled. Use the Display Form/Page property you'll find in
> the Tools/Startup to cause this application to open a form when it
> runs. Use events of that form to run your query and close Access when
> it's done.
>
> Tom Ellison
> Microsoft Access MVP
> Ellison Enterprises - Your One Stop IT Experts
>

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:45:06 -0700, "Frank Brown"
> <FrankBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Using Office 2000 on windows 2000 sp 4, I created an append query in Access
> >to import data from a text file into an existing table. Query runs fine.
> > I created shortcut for the query, which also runs fine if double clicked.
> > If I schedule the query shortcut '.maq' file to be run by the windows task
> >scheduler, the task does not work. Scheduler reports "Status:could not
> >start". If I make a macro to run the query and then schedule the macro,
> >it runs fine. Seems that the task scheduler does not know how to handle
> >MAQ files. Is there something I am missing or perhaps an update that
> >would fix the scheduler?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Run Query from Windows Task Scheduler
    ... Not only the scheduler, but probably your system doesn't "know how to ... Query runs fine. ... If I make a macro to run the query and then schedule the macro, ... >MAQ files. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: help
    ... or do so programmatically in VBA using the TransferSpreadsheet method. ... An Append query is... ... I wouldn't use Access itself as a scheduler though. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Run Query from Windows Task Scheduler
    ... Using Office 2000 on windows 2000 sp 4, I created an append query in Access ... Scheduler reports "Status:could not ... If I make a macro to run the query and then schedule the macro, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Windows Schedule Task to open Autoexecu Make Table
    ... This information appears in the Run Tab in the scheduler ... How will I find the path to my autoexecu query? ... My database is entitled "QUERYRUN" and the query name is ... >The /x switch tells the scheduler to run the macro. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.macros)
  • Re: Access 2003 Email a query
    ... Total Visual Agent lets you schedule and automatically perform tasks hourly, ... I have created a query, that produces a list of people that have received ... would you automate this to send it on a certain day once a year? ... I thought about using scheduler but wouldn't that mean it would have to ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)