help! run a query with ADO or DAO

Hi,

Im desperately trying to run a query with code. I have tried using the Docmd
command which worked but the database Im connecting to has linked tables and
its asking for a password and i dont know how to specify one.

I have tried using ADO ...not many resources on internet I can connect to
the database with connection string but when i say set rs =
cnn.execute("qryMyquery") I get an error.

can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? maybe i could use
DAO??

  • Re: "another user edited this record ....."
    ... Access is trying to save the record that you have saved with the DoCmd and ... if you remove the command and let the form save it's own data ... I have a database I created on my desktop, ... > another record from the listbox: ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Connect to Access Data from various regional locations
    ... All users will be connecting via broadband. ... When using MSDE ... > Dim rf As DAO.Recordset ... > There is a wizard to split your database into a FE and a BE; ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Connect to Access Data from various regional locations
    ... All users will be connecting via broadband. ... When using MSDE ... > Dim rf As DAO.Recordset ... > There is a wizard to split your database into a FE and a BE; ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • RE: Problem with connecting to an Oracle database using Perl
    ... Problem with connecting to an Oracle database using Perl ... *IS* described in the DBD::Oracle perldocs - as the perldocs are included ... I do not have a problem connecting to the remote database using the Oracle ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: How does ct_connect track down database to open?
    ... SQLAPI uses the connect command which has notes ... about connecting to sybase. ... Since the initial parameter is database ...
    (comp.databases.sybase)