Re: VBA Error #429: ActiveX component can't create object

Manuel <Manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have a VBA procedure which sends an email. This procedure was running
fine when I was on Windows Professional 2000. Last week I was upgrade to
Windows XP, and now when I run the code I get the following error message:

VBA Error #429: ActiveX component can't create object

The problem may not be in Outlook but in Access.

You might need to register the DAO dll using regsvr32. For example
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL". (If A97 then DAO350.DLL.)

ACC: Error Message: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object [Q296205]
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296205

ACC2000: Error Message: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q296/2/04.asp

ACC2002: Err Msg: "ActiveX Component Can't Create Object"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q304/1/73.asp

I?ve confirmed that I have the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library
registered.

Now are all your users running the same version of Office? If there
is a possibility they will be running different versions of Outlook
then I'd consider converting your code to use Late Binding.

Late binding means you can safely remove the reference and only have
an error when the app executes lines of code in question. Rather than
erroring out while starting up the app and not allowing the users in
the app at all. Or when hitting a mid, left or trim function call.

You'll want to install the reference if you are programming or
debugging and want to use the object intellisense while in the VBA
editor. Then,. once your app is running smoothly, remove the
reference and setup the late binding statements.

For more information including additional text and some detailed links
see the "Late Binding in Microsoft Access" page at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/latebinding.htm

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

DoCmd.SetWarnings True

The above statements aren't actually doing much if anything at all in
your code. I'd let the error handler do it's thing. But if you do
want to leave them in I'd make very, very sure I put DoCmd.SetWarnings
True at the top of your error handling routine right below the
email_error tag.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

  • Re: Access 2000 Find Inbox at Runtime
    ... up the app and not allowing the users in the app at all. ... You'll want to install the reference if you are programming or debugging and want to ... remove the reference and setup the late binding statements. ... Binding in Microsoft Access" page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/latebinding.htm ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Access 2000 Find Inbox at Runtime
    ... up the app and not allowing the users in the app at all. ... You'll want to install the reference if you are programming or debugging and want to ... remove the reference and setup the late binding statements. ... Binding in Microsoft Access" page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/latebinding.htm ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
  • Re: Access 2000 Find Inbox at Runtime
    ... up the app and not allowing the users in the app at all. ... You'll want to install the reference if you are programming or debugging and want to ... remove the reference and setup the late binding statements. ... Binding in Microsoft Access" page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/latebinding.htm ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.interop)
  • Re: VB6 / switch versions of Access library reference.
    ... You could use Late Binding. ... Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ... > I have a VB6 app which gathers a custom property value from a local MS ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database)
  • Re: output to Excel
    ... I use VBA for that kind of stuff. ... Transferring Records to Excel with Automation ... an error when the app executes lines of code in question. ... Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)