Re: a symbol for "cents"

John W. Vinson <jvinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

Copied and pasted from the Immediate window (Access2003, fully
patched, WindowsXP, American English language settings, default

Yes, of course that's what you get because those are all ANSI
values, which is what Asc() and Chr() use.

Type Alt-0162 on the numeric keyboard and you'll get the ANSI

Type Alt-155 and you'll get the ASCII result.

In both cases, that's ¢.

This is *really* basic, folks, and has been the case since at least
Windows 3.x.

I don't know why Asc() returns ANSII values, but that is really what
it's doing.

David W. Fenton
usenet at dfenton dot com

Relevant Pages

  • Default Fonts
    ... them the WindowsXP default fonts. ... Application Recovery CD's ... I have used the built in System Restore once, just recently, as I ...
  • Fonts
    ... In W98 there certain fonts that should not be deleted. ... Does the same rule apply to WindowsXP? ... I have my own fonts that I would like to install and get rid of most that came with XP! ...