Re: a symbol for "cents"

John W. Vinson <jvinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:ilcp73dcpu3n7cuhhelbttqbgb0acm72e9@xxxxxxx:

Copied and pasted from the Immediate window (Access2003, fully
patched, WindowsXP, American English language settings, default
fonts):

?Asc("œ")
162
?chr(162)
?chr(155)

Yes, of course that's what you get because those are all ANSI
values, which is what Asc() and Chr() use.

Type Alt-0162 on the numeric keyboard and you'll get the ANSI
result.

Type Alt-155 and you'll get the ASCII result.

In both cases, that's ¢.

This is *really* basic, folks, and has been the case since at least
Windows 3.x.

I don't know why Asc() returns ANSII values, but that is really what
it's doing.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/

  • Default Fonts
    ... them the WindowsXP default fonts. ... Application Recovery CD's ... I have used the built in System Restore once, just recently, as I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Fonts
    ... In W98 there certain fonts that should not be deleted. ... Does the same rule apply to WindowsXP? ... I have my own fonts that I would like to install and get rid of most that came with XP! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)