Re: access default database folder for all users

Just curious as to why you care what their default folder is. I've never had
to worry about it.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"mirko" <mirko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello all,

I have an access 2002 database and many users are working on it. Database
is
on server so every user is logging onto server trough citrix metaframe.
Now the question, how do I set the Default Database Folder for all users
so
they don't have to, on first login to go to Tools\Options\General\Default
Database Folder and set folder manually. Is it possible to make batch file
so
when access is starting that it automatically sets the default database
folder? Ofcourse any other working solution is acceptable.
Thanks for replies.

  • Re: Is This Possible ... ? Yes - Upload images to an Access database
    ... It looks like your databases folder is outside the root of your web ... I created a database exactly as you said, the only change I made was to ... and underneath an 'upload' button and a 'view images' button. ... Dim con As New Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection ...
  • Re: Have database mismatch, can I move NTDS.dit and Exchange to new identical server?
    ... Check the physical location of the Winnt\NTDS\ folder. ... Check the permissions on the \Winnt\NTDS folder. ... as it may not be the database that is the ... MCSA + Exchange ...
  • RE: Sharepoint Backup & Restore
    ... even you have moved the Sharepoint database to another location. ... You can delete the $NtUninstallxxxxxx$ folder to free up space. ... Perform an online backup of the Exchange 2003 Information Store to purge ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help - locked out of database
    ... IT checked all the permissions and everything seems to be ok. ... "Joan Wild" wrote: ... I have poured a year into this database - is there someway to recover this? ... You need, at minimum, modify permission on the folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: How to Link a file instead of embeding in Access Table
    ... There will be multiple folder in time, but right now, I will ... visio drawing in the database. ... It's usually simpler just to store the names and locations ... Could I use that if I put a OLE ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)