Re: Currentuser

From: Jim (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/13/04

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:15:15 -0700

Sandra. See my reply to Alex. Thanks for your help,
also. Between you both you've sorted my problem. This is
the first time I've been online and used a forum to solve
a problem, so I'm very impressed!
Jim
the Search_address
>control. It belongs in the BeforeUpdate event.
>
>As Alex has mentioned you could use the Default property
but this will only
>take care of entering the username of the user who
creates the record. It
>will not record the user that updates an existing record.
For this you must
>use the BeforeUpdate event.
>
>--
>Sandra Daigle [Microsoft Access MVP]
>Please post all replies to the newsgroup.
>

>Alex Ivanov wrote:
>> Jim,
>>
>> I would recommend to set a default value of the
search_address field
>> to CurrentUser()
>> and remove your event handler.
>> You may also consider moving your code to a different
event such as
>> BeforeUpdate
>> or check if the field is null before assigning it a new
value.

>> The Enter event fires every time the text box receives
focus
>> overwriting previous value.
>> This event fires also when you scroll the records while
control has
>> the focus.
>>
>> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Sandra, thanks for the response. What I actually
did
>>> was this:
>>> I created a field in the table, called REGISTERED_BY.
>>> To one of the fields, SEARCH_ADDRESS, in the form (Not
>>> contiuous form, by the way) I attached the following
code;

>>> Private Sub SEARCH_ADDRESS_Enter()
>>> REGISTERED_BY = CurrentUser
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> When I enter the SEARCH_ADDRESS field on the
form, "Admin"
>>> is entered into the REGISTERED_BY text box, which is
just
>>> what I want. However, when I scroll through the rest
of
>>> the records, "Admin" has been entered in them as well -
>>> which isn't what I want. I've changed the code to
>>>
>>> Me. REGISTERED_BY = CurrentUser
>>>
>>> But the same thing happens. Hope this makes it
clearer.

>>> Any more ideas? I'd really appreciate some help.
>>>
>>> Jim.

it is
>>> also likely that
>>> display value.

of
>>> the control you
>>> putting (or selecting) a
BeforeUpdate
>>> event of the form,
>>> this:

in a
>>> current

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FMily photo page
    ... i was plugging 8k chips into the daughter board just to get to 32, ... Alex wrote: ... >>>I am sorry to say that for the first time in over 25 years of operating ... > The Sony computer the drive is in has a Digital Video Recorder & I had ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: FMily photo page
    ... So sorry Alex. ... >I am sorry to say that for the first time in over 25 years of operating ... > computers I have had a hard drive or HD controller failure Wednesday ... > photo page or the other pages on my Grampahugs web site. ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: What Did You Watch? 2010-10-13 (Wednesday)
    ... I probably missed it the first time because it was a ... 'Stevie' episode, ... and was distraught when Alex murdered ... Hellcats - A trifle of an episode, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: New directions or more of the old?
    ... A companion he ... meets for the First Time when it's the 'Last ' occasion for Her. ... Alex ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)