Re: Currentuser

From: Jim (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/13/04

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:15:15 -0700

Sandra. See my reply to Alex. Thanks for your help,
also. Between you both you've sorted my problem. This is
the first time I've been online and used a forum to solve
a problem, so I'm very impressed!
Jim
the Search_address
>control. It belongs in the BeforeUpdate event.
>
>As Alex has mentioned you could use the Default property
but this will only
>take care of entering the username of the user who
creates the record. It
>will not record the user that updates an existing record.
For this you must
>use the BeforeUpdate event.
>
>--
>Sandra Daigle [Microsoft Access MVP]
>Please post all replies to the newsgroup.
>

>Alex Ivanov wrote:
>> Jim,
>>
>> I would recommend to set a default value of the
search_address field
>> to CurrentUser()
>> and remove your event handler.
>> You may also consider moving your code to a different
event such as
>> BeforeUpdate
>> or check if the field is null before assigning it a new
value.

>> The Enter event fires every time the text box receives
focus
>> overwriting previous value.
>> This event fires also when you scroll the records while
control has
>> the focus.
>>
>> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Sandra, thanks for the response. What I actually
did
>>> was this:
>>> I created a field in the table, called REGISTERED_BY.
>>> To one of the fields, SEARCH_ADDRESS, in the form (Not
>>> contiuous form, by the way) I attached the following
code;

>>> Private Sub SEARCH_ADDRESS_Enter()
>>> REGISTERED_BY = CurrentUser
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> When I enter the SEARCH_ADDRESS field on the
form, "Admin"
>>> is entered into the REGISTERED_BY text box, which is
just
>>> what I want. However, when I scroll through the rest
of
>>> the records, "Admin" has been entered in them as well -
>>> which isn't what I want. I've changed the code to
>>>
>>> Me. REGISTERED_BY = CurrentUser
>>>
>>> But the same thing happens. Hope this makes it
clearer.

>>> Any more ideas? I'd really appreciate some help.
>>>
>>> Jim.

it is
>>> also likely that
>>> display value.

of
>>> the control you
>>> putting (or selecting) a
BeforeUpdate
>>> event of the form,
>>> this:

in a
>>> current

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FMily photo page
    ... i was plugging 8k chips into the daughter board just to get to 32, ... Alex wrote: ... >>>I am sorry to say that for the first time in over 25 years of operating ... > The Sony computer the drive is in has a Digital Video Recorder & I had ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: FMily photo page
    ... So sorry Alex. ... >I am sorry to say that for the first time in over 25 years of operating ... > computers I have had a hard drive or HD controller failure Wednesday ... > photo page or the other pages on my Grampahugs web site. ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Question about Forever
    ... The first time (not counting the original death), the subway death, the ... cops got him as soon as he stepped out of the water. ... The second time we just saw Alex pick him up, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: What Did You Watch? 2010-10-13 (Wednesday)
    ... I probably missed it the first time because it was a ... 'Stevie' episode, ... and was distraught when Alex murdered ... Hellcats - A trifle of an episode, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)