Re: Copy record from recordset

From: Secen (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:50:12 -0700

That's got it - thanks for your help.

an
>> empty table
>
>You need to get the original SQL and convert it into an
append query:

> INSERT INTO EmptyTable(one, two, three)
> SELECT Aee, Bee, Cee
> FROM TheOldTable
> WHERE Something=True
>
>and then db.Execute it.
>
>Remember that recordsets do not actually "exist" in terms
of data: they are
>only ways of describing a particular set of columns and
rows that actually
>live in the tables. You can't copy a view from one window
to another one,
>and you can't copy a recordset either.
>
>HTH
>

>Tim F
>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Copy record from recordset
    ... If rstActivity is the entire recordset you want to copy (instead of a single ... I don't think you need to bodther with .Addnew or .Update. ... > Set rstTrans = rstActivity.Clone ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Button to Export Data to Excel?
    ... Just assign the form's current recordset instead of creating a recordset ... Bob Larson ... I have a form with filtered records. ... wizard, but did not see any option to export data. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • RE: Copy record from recordset
    ... >If rstActivity is the entire recordset you want to copy ... >Set rstTrans = rstActivity.Clone ... >> filtered records into another recordset that is set to ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Copy record from recordset
    ... > empty table ... You need to get the original SQL and convert it into an append query: ... and you can't copy a recordset either. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: recordset for a subform
    ... yes it shows up in the module window. ... Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. ... recordset or is dao.record different to the standard recordset? ... either method to work for a subform. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)