Re: Sending E-Mails Using Macros - Populate To and CC

Brian,

Try entering it like this in the 'To' argument of the macro:
=[NameOfField]

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

Brian C wrote:
I am just learning how to use the SendObject command to automate a few emails. I have a project tracking database that I built and I would like to use the SendObject in a macro as a button on a form that will automatically generate an update to the affected constituents. I have the email addresses stored in a contact table, and I would like to perform a lookup in the macro to automatically pull these email addresses into the To as I select them on my form. When I try the typical string ([forms]![form name]![field]), the macro can't populate the recipients, only populates the string in the To field. Any ideas?

  • Re: Filling in the Blanks Using the Mouse
    ... What I have is a protected form that I would like to use as a Word ... populate a particular blank field. ... string of text would be inserted prior to moving on to the next blank field ... install a macro (it can be in the document itself if you don't mind ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Using macros in forms
    ... paragraph in a separate template and set up a macro to pull up the ... template, copy all, close the template, and paste into my document. ... not know what is missing to get the ComboBox to populate. ... I will also post this at the UserForms forum to see what help I may ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • RE: Help with modifying a formula.
    ... I included that function in my macro and then used it in my formula like this: ... ' Populate the Month Column with new Monts ... Dim myColumn As Integer ... Can someone show me what the correct syntax would be? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: No solution - Macros
    ... even though you have given your problem and the macro you ... empty (I presume you are using this to stop the marco when it comes to the ... you use to repeatedly populate your text string. ... If you want cells containing "" to represent an Empty cell then you should ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Combo text value disappears when wkb opens??!
    ... My guess would be to call the macro that does the query to populate the ... My situation is that I have a combo box control on a sheet. ... It's all working great until I close the workbook and reopen it (after ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)