Sub-Switchboard design

From: sendahook (sendahook.1lqk5m_at_news.officefrustration.com)
Date: 03/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:58:50 +0000

Jeff Conrad Wrote:
> "sendahook" sendahook.1lpmtm@news.officefrustration.com wrote in
> message
> -
> Hello,
> I have created a main switchboard in Access 2002 that contains links
> sub-switchboards. My question is how do I change the layout design
> of
> the main switchboard without affecting the design of the
> sub-switchboards? I assume this can be done, just can't figure out
> how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.-
>
> If you are using the built-in Switchboard Manager then this would
> be exceedingly difficult to do. The SBM uses ONE form for
> everything. Through code it changes the options on the form
> based on the menus you have created through the wizard. In
> Design View, if you add/change something, the changes will
> show on all sub-menus. You could show/hide various controls
> through code based on the currently shown sub-menu, but
> this would become very cumbersome. You might be better off
> creating your own Switchboard-type main form and other forms
> for the sub menus.
>
> --
> Jeff Conrad
> Access Junkie
> Bend, Oregon

Thank You, Jeff.

I have been doing some research on this and came to the same conclusion
- that I might be better off just making my own menu forms from
scratch.

Thanks again!!!

--
sendahook

Relevant Pages

  • Re: More Switchboard Buttons
    ... MS Access MVP ... "Jeff Conrad" wrote in message ... macro objects AND the ... Now go to the code behind the Switchboard form. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: switchboard
    ... Create a new field in the Switchboard Items table called PictureLocation ... > pictures for each record. ... > ' Modified by Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie ... > Dim rst As DAO.Recordset ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Switchboard doesnt open form in Datasheet View
    ... > "Jeff Conrad" wrote in message ... >> Hi Tom, ... >> design it so it *looks* just like a datasheet. ... >> it in Edit mode from the Switchboard. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Switchboard addition
    ... "Jeff Conrad" wrote: ... >> I added another constant to the switchboard items in the coding on the form ... >> adding this as an option when you click on the switchboard manager in the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Sub-Switchboard design
    ... > I have created a main switchboard in Access 2002 that contains links to ... > sub-switchboards. ... > the main switchboard without affecting the design of the ... show on all sub-menus. ...