Re: Naming Standard

From: Brendan Reynolds (brenreyn)
Date: 08/30/04

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:20:42 +0100

Piggy-backing on Larry's post because I don't see the original ...

The RVBA (Reddick VBA) naming (and also coding) conventions are available
on-line and also in downloadable PDF format at Gred Reddick's web site ...

http://www.xoc.net/

--
Brendan Reynolds (MVP)
http://brenreyn.blogspot.com
"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> The most generally-accepted naming standard is the Reddick Naming
> Convention, derived from the Leszynski*-Reddick Naming Convention for
Access
> 2.0. It is documented in the _Access <versionnumber> Developers Handbook_,
> by Litwin, Getz, et al, published by Sybex. In any case, I recommend that
> serious Access power users and developers have a copy of that book -- Paul
> Litwin told me there will be no Access 2003 edition, but the 2002 edition
> should be fine for Access 2003 work.
>
>    * I beg pardon if I misspelled this name.
>
> Microsoft has something on this in the Knowledge Base, but I have not
> checked lately to see if it is up-to-date. Googling on the name might lead
> you to an online description.
>
>   Larry Linson
>   Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a good link for a standard naming convention in
> > Access?
> >
> > Microsoft says anything that is 64 characters or less.
> > SQL says, no spaces.  I'm beginning to have a lot more
> > automation between tables, forms and queries and I am
> > strugling with making sure I reference the exact name.
> >
> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I finally did it-- hungarian notation
    ... I think Microsoft has pretty much chosen "a stand," ... If you use the convention of using ... The problem I was talking about was with naming your LOCALS with the same ... PascalCase convention. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: How to name variables in a program?
    ... The Java naming convention is pretty good on this. ... the symbol is with the first letter capitalized, ... I would also *HIGHLY* warn you against the hungarian notation. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Naming of private functions
    ... > Naming conventions are intended to give the reader a way ... > your project the access rights to the symbol make such ... > convention for the functions, ... They can't justify it rationally to me, ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: great idea -- explain own bids
    ... naming a convention is not illegal, ... give full disclosure. ... experienced players, you can just say "Inverted", the opps nod ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Questions about app design - OOP with python classes
    ... It's unreliable in the sense that the coder has to follow the naming ... convention, and must have some bare minimum of sense. ... I'd have expected the compiler to handle the conversions through casts ...
    (comp.lang.python)