Passing the value of ActiveControl to Unbound Text Box

Similar to the address bar in Excel, I am trying to display the value of the currently entered form field in a Continuous Form in an Unbound Text Box in the Form Header. Here is how I unsuccessfully atempted it:

In the form's OnCurrent Event:

Me.FieldValueDisplay.Value = Me.ActiveControl

What I get on Form Load is an error stating that "The expression you entered requires the Control to be in the active window." After ending the event, tabbing through the fields has no effect, but clicking on them does. Of course, I want the event to work correctly whether clicking into a new field or tabbing into a new field, without having to do an event in each form field (if possible).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

magmike

  • Re: Continuous Form
    ... > continuous form but using unbound text boxes eg: ... > first record is installed another set of text boxes open ... ever found it needful to have an unbound form for manipulating data. ... I use unbound forms for menus, for data selection to display or print, and ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Cascaded Drop Down Lists in Access 2007...
    ... Each row of a continuous form does not have its own RowSource values, i.e. there is only one for all the rows. ... Consequently the combo will display blank if: ... The bound column is not the display column ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Rowsource of Field List
    ... Larry has just gone a well deserved vacation, so let me see if I can jump ... What is the relationship between tblOrder and tblOrderStatus (I ... > The Unbound Date should be one of the dates in the tblOrder. ... then the Unbound Date should display ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • RE: Different types of Boxes
    ... After Update event of the bound text box to change the value in the combo: ... and a Bound Text Box as my "Display / Edit! ... An unbound text box is usually used as a calculated control. ... it is improper to store it in a table. ...
  • RE: Save values displayed in unbound text fields from combo box to tab
    ... This box was created with the combo box wizard query and is based on another ... Table called Referring Providers. ... After the combo box there are 4 unbound text fields which display the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)