Re: Move Cursor too, not just Focus

"bhammer" <bhammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2911FF23-7D0C-4855-A980-8B633FA047AC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dirk,

Did your cursor move along with focus?

Define "cursor". The mouse pointer (generally referred to as the "cursor") did not move, but the text caret (indicating where keystrokes will be received) did. And keystrokes that I then made in my test did go into the current control on the right-hand form, where I had set the focus.

It is possible to move the mouse pointer, but I don't see the point in that.

I wouldn't expect that it makes any
difference how the Right subforms recordset is produced, but I can try using
the LinkMasterField method you describe.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I just wanted to note that there was a slight difference in how I set up my form.

Just to make clear, my issue is not with producing the correct record list
on the Right subform, but to get the Focus (AND the cursor) to move from the
clicked field in the Left subform to the Right.

Understood.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

  • Re: Continuous subform behavior
    ... Does this only happen with this specific subform? ... Make sure you don't double click as you place the cursor in the ... Double clicking into a text control selects all. ... edit records. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Move Cursor too, not just Focus
    ... When I click in a field of the Left subform the cursor enters the field at ... but my blinking edit cursor remains in the Left. ... I edit the Left list field or move down one record in the Left subform. ... Do *not* post my real address in the newsgroup -- I don't want to be buried in spam and viruses. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: setting subform recordsource fails when parent is on NewRecord
    ... When the cursor falls into the 'new record' territory due to a delete on the ... set the subform recordset to "" so it does not show the child-data from the ... > How is cfProgram linked to the parent, ... >>> Paul Overway ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: If all tick boxes in an order = yes then me=complete? How do I
    ... but from your answer it looks like you update order / details through a ... Open the subform in design view, ... and put the cursor next to On AfterUpdate; ... CurrentDb.Execute strSQL ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Start at 1st Field When creating a New Reord Problem
    ... On the subform I also had to insert that same code "On Current" to assure ... the cursor would go to the 1st field in the subform (after leaving the Main ... before when using a sub-form within a form. ... "Tab Order" selection from the form window. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)